Post Production- Editing from Scratch

 I thought my idea of the black background with stars was inventive and it was but did not match with my whole content. It looked a little too much and colorful and I think it was because of the flags since they have many colors, also the dreamers in the cover were not outstanding from the background because of the dark color from it. I decided to edit the background from scratch and some people suggested that it could even look good with a white background but it will take the whole meaning away and I don't want my project not to mean anything therefore, I chose something white with significance: 


I also switched the American flag to a one with better quality since the one I used in my 1st draft was blurry: 




It is ironic because it's the complete opposite of a night sky full of stars but clouds in the sky can be associated with dreamers that want to go high in life, so this is how it looks so far: 


Personally, I feel that in this way, they look more powerful, which is what I was trying to achieve. I also corrected the brightness and contrast from each dreamer's cut out so that they would outstand and differentiate from the background. I was planning on using a polygon shape to fit the "Ojo" but decided not to because it was going to take much space from the upper part, since this time I enlarged the dreamer's cut out to make them look more powerful and for this reason. I am having a problem with the flags because I realized they were not going to contribute to the consistent theme throughout the cover that I was trying to achieve; for instance:



However, I do still like the way it looks because it adds color, but I am highly indecisive if to finish adding the flags because I also like the fact that it adds to the meaning.


Comments