Decision Day
One month back in school and from the beginning, I never thought this decision had to be made this early on the year. Nerves and doubts are filling me right now in every way possible because what if my perspective of what I choose changes in a few months within the running school year? I desire to; either if I choose the film or the magazine, feel comfortable and to be able to manipulate it to my will, benefit, and even above limits to succeed in impressing my future viewer.
My first impressions from the two softwares were frustrating on my part, this because I never thought these two editors would be as hard to figure out since the majority of us have worked with some basic editors before in our phones; for instance, to edit a picture, or the cover from your online book, which are reasons these had been useful for me before. I have nearly non-existent experience using professional computer editors; this led me to feel like I was reading a whole different language, and I speak two. Up to this day, I have had only two to three opportunities to play with both Adobe's Premiere Pro and InDesign, including following some tutorial videos as well. Still, I suppose it is all about a base of skill development in these areas.
If I choose the film as my project for the exam, I would aspire it to be empathetic for my audience; Wayne R. Cherry stated in her article titled, "Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom" how this two connect by explaining: "The brain actually experiences the story in the same way it would as if you were inside the narrative itself." Then, resembling a telling of a story would be my goal for the film; therefore, they feel connected with what they are viewing by capturing the audience by introducing a mix of emotions as if on a roller coaster. The big challenge is to fit all of these into an 8 to 10-minute video; for instance, referring back to Wayne R. Cherry's article once again, her as a teacher assigned her students an assignment where they would have to write down "what students thought they might see/think/feel/hear as the conquistador or a participant in the event." However, they had the same challenge: it had to be done within 140 characters, and according to Cherry, one of her students even "conveyed the excitement of the golden age of Broadway." I am pretty sure that within my time in the Media Studies course, I would be able to do as good at transmitting emotions to the public in very few characters or minutes as Wayne R. Cherry's students did.
As of today, even though the film appears to be a very creative alternative, I am convinced that the magazine is the option that will help me succeed. Starting with the software Adobe's InDesign, which gave me a more friendly impression than Adobe's Premiere Pro, the features were easy to find as the image selector was very pretty self deductible, unlike Premiere Pro's clips cutting, which was hard to follow along unlike as the titling in InDesign, where there is even a typography mode; also finding the transitions in Premiere Pro was a challenging scavenger hunt. I firmly believe that something I have more domain on would work better for me because it will be easier for me to go above the expectations and impress. I aspire for my magazine to be eye-catching, followed by an intriguing content page, followed by an engaging article.

Comments
Post a Comment